Jeannie tagged me!
Now for some info on my writerly habits, etc. :
1. What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
I still have a short story I wrote on a little pad of paper when I was in seventh grade. It was a suspense with a happy ending. :-) The last thing I wrote were notes in my WIP about where I want the story to head next.
2. Write poetry?
3. Angsty poetry?
I don't really know. What's angsty? Feel free to leave an example in the comments. LOL
4. Favorite genre of writing?
Historical and Contemporary romance; Romantic suspense
5. Most annoying character you've ever created?
My first heroine. I love her, but about half the people who read her (contests, critters, etc) hated her and said she was really annoying. Heh.
6. Best Plot you've ever created?
Not sure yet. :-) Maybe the one that sells? LOL
7. Coolest Plot twist you've ever created?
The hero is two people in the book, but the reader doesn't know that until the end.
8. How often do you get writer's block?
Several times during the course of my WIPs, but that's probably because I don't plot ahead of time.
9. Write fan fiction?
I never heard of it until entering the blog world.
10. Do you type or write by hand?
Type the story, write the ideas. You?
11. Do you save everything you write?
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
I get ideas out of nowhere but if I don't write them down I totally forget them. I guess I could get an idea but if I can tell it doesn't have enough conflict/depth to make a book, I reject it.
13. What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
I liked writing the scene where the hero tosses the stubborn heroine over his shoulder. It made me laugh. Yes, my own writing made me laugh. I don't even know if it will make others laugh, but it sure felt fun to write. :-)
14. What's everyone else's favorite story that you've written?
Bad Boy's Redemption. Only two people read it but they both said they loved it, which was balm to my writer's ego.
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
I don't think I'll ever NOT write romance.
16. What's your favorite setting for your characters?
I don't know if I have a favorite place/state, though I do catch myself wanting to use moonlight alot.
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Just my fiction WIP.
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
19. What are your five favorite words?
Hmmmm, interesting question. I really love the word persnickety. Besides that, I've been using the word Woot alot, because it's fun. :-)
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
I think Katrina in The Bridegroom's Revenge is most like me in her weaknesses.
21. Where do you get ideas for your characters?
I don't know. But I'm thankful for them. :-)
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
Never. It's intriguing and a little strange to me when people are able to have a dream and then create a plot out of it.
23. Do you favor happy endings?
If there's no satisfying ending, I won't read it. Romance is usually a must. I love The Color Purple. Sad, real book, yet it had a satisfying ending, right?
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
25. Does music help you write?
Not at all.
26. Quote something you've written. Whatever pops into your head.
Nothing is popping into my head, because I don't usually remember what I've written, plus it gets changed a million times. Ha! Let me go look something up...
Okay, first line to my WIP:
On a fine day in May when hyacinths bloomed red and the spring-fed Manatee River glittered beneath a warm Florida sun, Pastor Joseph O’Reilly lost both his heart and his land within hours of each other.
It's omniscient POV, which means I'll probably have to change it. Any suggestions?
Now I tag Janna, Penny, and Sandie.
What's your favorite question on here? What are some of your answers?