Reading Julie Lessman's books is like sitting down for my favorite soap for an hour of guilty pleasure. Her books pack a powerful spiritual punch though, and unlike a soap opera, her characters actually learn from their mistakes and repent. Her latest release is A Hope Undaunted . Below are some things she graciously shared with me. 1. Are there any scenes in AHU modeled after your own life? As a matter of fact, there are two things I pulled directly from my own life. The first is mentioned in the opening scene where we find out that Katie O’Connor was made fun of in kindergarten because of skin condition she had, which consequently molds her into a champion for the underdog and women’s rights. In that scene, an elderly nun asks Katie if she has leprosy in front of the whole class, and that kicks off a barrage of ridicule from her classmates, which is exactly what happened to me in the 2nd grade. You see, when I was in half-day kindergarten, I attended all day because my sisters an...
Comments
Have a blessed Thanksgiving Jessica.
Blessings a bunch to you and family!
Really there needs to be a self-help group for bloggers doesn't there :))
Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
Heh...
Anita, you know I will!.
Jody, you're a blessing too. :-)
Tabitha, your suggestion just made me laugh. Oh man, I can't even imagine what a self-help group would be like. We'd really be addicted then. *snickering*
A short break will refresh you and bless your family. I'll be out of town for a couple of days, but my posts are scheduled. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings,
Susan
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving.
wb