Reading Julie Lessman's books is like sitting down for my favorite soap for an hour of guilty pleasure. Her books pack a powerful spiritual punch though, and unlike a soap opera, her characters actually learn from their mistakes and repent. Her latest release is A Hope Undaunted . Below are some things she graciously shared with me. 1. Are there any scenes in AHU modeled after your own life? As a matter of fact, there are two things I pulled directly from my own life. The first is mentioned in the opening scene where we find out that Katie O’Connor was made fun of in kindergarten because of skin condition she had, which consequently molds her into a champion for the underdog and women’s rights. In that scene, an elderly nun asks Katie if she has leprosy in front of the whole class, and that kicks off a barrage of ridicule from her classmates, which is exactly what happened to me in the 2nd grade. You see, when I was in half-day kindergarten, I attended all day because my sisters an...
Comments
Have fun. I love garage sales.
If you have someone who loves cloth bags, for example, and you find such at a garage sale, maybe bling it up with your own personal touch for them. Then, it's very new isn't it!! I love updating what I get at garage sales, and would love to receive such a gift too.
But she gets some GREAT stuff!!
One year she got a bunch of American Girl furniture and clothes and wrapped it up for Christmas for her girls.
Have fun!
Hope you find some great stuff, girlie!
Best with your day!
A lot of people sell new or almost new items. I purchased a beautiful set of new Libby parfait glasses for a paltry $5.00.
We can't go yard saling at this point due to the weather. Our season runs from about April to October. We're also finding tons of kid stuff, but not much in the way of household items.
Blessings,
Susan :)
Have fun!
xx
I'm proud of you,
Jen
Audience of ONE
Gosh, we don't have garage sales around here now - it's getting too cold. Otherwise, I think I might do the same thing.
Were you successful in your bargain hunting???
I'm going to go to our local re-sale shops and garage sales soon! It's a treasure hunt, and the quality is MORE personal in my opinion cuz I hunt for the pieces,and the people's personalities seem to shine thru more when I'm picking things for them in re-sale locations. Example-Many times I'll find an amazing gift at a regular store and try to think of someone it would be good for, but-at re-sale places-The process is "think of person, find gift" as opposed Find gift, think of who it would be goo for". :)